The Community Development Department provides services including permitting, subdivision platting, code enforcement, land use planning, land use regulation, growth management, and economic development. The Department's focus is to facilitate conditions that are conducive to healthy community growth and development by providing for a stable and secure marketplace that attracts investments, both from within and outside of the community, in ways that promote long-term prosperity.
We will facilitate those conditions by:
- Planning and zoning the use and development of land to protect the safety and general welfare of the community while also promoting profitable development opportunities.
- Providing for a safe, durable, and accessible building stock for the benefit of residents, patrons and the general public.
- Promoting and upholding the standards of the community for maintaining private property so as to eliminate hazards as well as to protect the value of property.
We will accomplish this by:
- Providing accurate and timely information.
- Developing healthy and productive relationships.
- Designing processes that are efficient and eliminate unnecessary obstacles to progress rather than create them.
- Providing reliable, valuable and consistent services.
- Informing and educating the community about the processes and regulations pertaining to their situation.
- Blending a variety of methods to achieve sustained compliance with the law in addition to enforcement.