Building Codes Adopted by the City
- 2012 International Building Code, with Appendices C, F, G, H, I and K
- 2012 International Residential Code, with Appendices A, B, C, D, E, G, H, J, K, N, O and Q
- 2012 International Plumbing Code, with Appendices B, C, D and F
- 2012 International Mechanical Code with Appendix A
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code with Appendices A, B, C and D
- 2012 International Fire Code with Appendices A through I
- 2011 National Electric Code
- 2009 ICC A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
Scheduling an InspectionAll inspections are to be called in to the 24-Hour Inspection Line @ (417) 732-3170, with the request of A.M. or P.M. This includes all types of inspections; Concrete work is the only inspection that you may request a specific time.
All inspection requests received by 2 o'clock P.M., Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays), will be scheduled for the next business day, and performed that day, if possible. Inspections not performed will be performed on the following business day. Any inspection request received after 2 o'clock P.M. will be scheduled for the second business day.
Footing and Foundation Wall
If advanced notice is not possible, these inspections must be scheduled as early as possible in the morning of the same day concrete will be placed. You must call the Community Development Office directly, at (417) 732-3150.
After the Inspection
The building inspector will contact the contractor with the inspection results by leaving a copy of the inspection results at the job site. Scheduling a re-inspection is required if deficiencies are found during the initial inspection. Re-scheduling is the responsibility of the contractor.