- Prepares agendas and minutes for City Council and various boards and committees.
- Administers the oath of office for the Mayor, City Council members and police officers.
- Fulfills public information requests (make an online request HERE).
- Prepares ballots and legal notices for City of Republic elections and referendums.
- Posts notices of public meetings guided by the Missouri Sunshine Law.
- Prepares official proclamations issued by the Mayor.
- Provides information on City Council actions to citizens and media.
- Maintains a contact data base of all city contracts, intergovernmental agreements and ensures they are approved by the Legal Department and signed by the necessary parties.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for maintaining official City records (ordinances, contracts, resolutions and other vital documents); therefore, many citizens approach the office seeking information. Copies of ordinances and resolutions are available along with minutes of public meetings. The City Clerk can also provide information on the political process of upcoming elections.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for maintaining official City records and documents for the City. Online records include:
- Current City Council Meeting Agenda - Republic City Council meeting agendas are posted to the website on the Friday prior to the Council Meeting.
- Official City Council Meeting Minutes - Republic City Council meeting minutes are the official record of City Council proceedings and are only available on this site after they have been approved by the City Council.
- Republic City Charter and City Code - The Republic Municipal Code is a compilation of the Ordinances relating to laws governing the City. Citizens can search through the various laws for the City of Republic by accessing the Republic Municipal Code.
Missouri Sunshine Law
The State of Missouri’s Sunshine Law deals with the public’s access to government meetings, records, votes, actions and deliberations of public governmental bodies. The City Clerk is the custodian of records for the City of Republic.
For more information about Missouri’s Sunshine Law, please refer to the sunshine law's website.
Requests for records are processed through the City Clerk’s office. The City Clerk will respond to requests for records within three business days after a request has been received. A request can be made online through our Records Request Portal. In order to assure the fulfilling of your request, all requests for records must be submitted on this form. There are minimal charges for these requests as allowed by the Missouri Sunshine Law.